I had surgery on my hip the beginning of January. I was on crutches for a month and took the month off of work to rest and get back on my feet. It was a looooong month. I had a lot of time to watch Netflix, read, color, and do other sedentary activities. I'll make a list of some of my Netflix and reading recommendations at the end of this blog post for anyone interested!
Overall my hip recovery is going really well. It feels great to be on my feet again. On the flip side, surgery can be a discouraging process. Some days I'll feel awesome and then the next day it's very painful again. It's hard to find a balance between feeling good and overdoing it. But I just need to be patient with my recovery. It will be about another month until everything in my hip joint is fully healed and then after that I'll just be focusing a lot on strengthening and stretching the joint until I get my full mobility back. In total it will be about a year process of recovery. This whole experience has been very humbling and it has made me so so so grateful to have a healthy body.
Other than that, life for Spencer and I just seems to be in Groundhogs day mode. Spencer is a full time student and has had a very busy and stressful semester as he is taking chemistry, biology (both with labs), and an economics class. He is doing all of the pre-reqs for medical school and it is A LOT of work. On top of that he works between 25-30 hours a week as a pharmacy tech. He works so hard and is so diligent in everything he does. He is a great example to me. Even with all this busy-ness and craziness, in January we attended a meeting where we were able to practice sutures on pigs feet! It was awesome! And Spencer was a pro! So in the unlikely event we are stuck somewhere and he needs to give me stitches, I know I can count on him haha!
I'm back in work mode as well. I am a registered behavior technician and I work with little kids who have Autism. Currently I work with three families and I go to their homes to do ABA therapy with their kids. I love my job so much and feel so blessed to work with these incredible kids. It is so fun and rewarding to see them progress. And because I work with the same kids in their homes multiple times a week I have developed friendships with each of the families that I work with. I just feel so blessed to have a job that has allowed me to connect with such incredible people.
One exciting event that mixed up our schedule was Valentines Day. Spencer and I went on a double date with my lifelong friend Alyssa and her husband Beau. We went to the Provo City Center Temple open house and it was AMAZING! The temple used to be a tabernacle used for church meetings and community meetings, but the building was destroyed in a fire a few years ago and only the outside walls survived. Over the past few years the foundation for the building has been completely redone and the inside was reconstructed. It is more amazing than ever! I feel like I'm having a hard time describing how incredible it was so I'll post a video that talks about it briefly and also shows what the inside looks like now.
Outside the Provo City Center Temple
I am so grateful for temples. Temples are sacred places that literally are the house of God here on earth. In temples we can make covenants with God and learn more about His plan for all of His children. In temples families can be sealed together for time and for all eternity. Attending the temple has brought so much peace to my life. I can really feel God's love for me and my family when I go there. It is such a peaceful place.
Anyway, life is good and I feel like I'm rambling on! So until next time!
Netflix Recommendations:
Heartland
Okay seriously. This has become one of my all time favorite shows. It is so uplifting and beautifully filmed. It is about a family who owns a horse ranch in Canada. Amy, a young woman, is a "miracle girl" when it comes to working with horses. It's much more complicated than that, but that's the very very brief one sentence synopsis. If you are looking for a show that is clean, entertaining, and inspiring this is a great option! When I watch this show I seriously just want to just pack up my things and go live off the land haha! Here is the opening credits! Enjoy!
Book Recommendations:
The Malediction Trilogy by Danielle L. Jensen
I loved these! There were definitely a candy read, but right up my alley. They had elements that reminded me of Phantom of the Opera, and if you know me at all you know that I LOVE PHANTOM!! I felt like these books were a good mix of adventure, romance, and explored topics of equality and political turmoil. There are two books out in the trilogy now and the third one comes out in May. I can't wait!
Okay I wont go in depth on the other ones as much but here's a list of the other books I read that I really enjoyed.
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson
Mrs. Mike by Benedict and Nancy Freedman
I lied, I will say something about this one. It's based on a true story and it was so beautiful and had me in tears throughout the book.



No comments:
Post a Comment