Cute

Cute

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

It's the final countdown! Waiting on baby and our pregnancy adventures.

Hard to believe how fast time has gone by, but I'm 38 weeks pregnant! We had an appointment with our doctor earlier this week and he told us he would be surprised if we made it to our due date. Hopefully he didn't jinx us! Either way we are scheduled to be induced on May 4th so that is the latest she will be here. It seriously blows my mind that in two weeks at the most we will be parents! Spencer and I are aching to meet her (I'm literally aching to meet her haha).

We have both been experiencing nesting symptoms and have been trying to get as many things cleaned and organized as we can before this little girl makes her big debut. We even got out and worked in our garden this last weekend! Weeding with a 9 month belly presented some challenges but our garden is all ready to get some new things planted! Maybe this is me just being optimistic that we will have the time and energy to do this, but I can't wait to get outside with our little baby and plant our garden while she lays on a blanket or sits in her little bouncer.

34 weeks pregnant
We are so blessed and have had so many things given to us by friends, family, and co-workers that we have hardly had to buy anything. My sisters threw me the cutest Harry Potter themed baby shower when we were visiting Colorado for Christmas and it was a dream come true! This little kid has plenty of Harry Potter onesies and memorabilia that there is no possible way she won't be a fan. Side note: My family is planning a trip to Florida for next Summer and we will be visiting Universal Studios again and I can hardly wait to get a picture with me, Spencer, and our little cutie all in our Harry Potter shirts in front of The Gringotts Bank or in front of Hogwarts #parentinggoals




Professor Albus Dumbledore


I'm also so blessed because I have the best co-workers ever who threw me and two other girls who are expecting a surprise baby shower. I felt so loved! And to add to my shower galore blessings my awesome mother-in-law and sister-in-law are throwing me another baby shower! I seriously have felt so loved and so spoiled during the last 9 months. I am so grateful for all of the amazing people in my and Spencer's life who love us so much and have helped us get ready for this next big adventure.

Spectrum Baby Shower
While we wait for our baby to make her big debut I'm still teaching Kindergarten at Spectrum Academy. I was working full time, then I had Spring break the first week of April and now I am just working part time until the end of April. It is so weird to think that after next week I won't be going to work. I've always worked ever since I was 16 (besides my mission which was another type of work), so it feels a little bitter sweet to pause my career for now. I really love what I do and feel so blessed to work with so many little kiddos who have Autism and their families. I have learned so much over the past couple years and been so humbled by the children I've worked with. I will miss them for the time being, but looking forward I am so unbelievably excited to be a mom. It is my dream job and I feel so lucky to be able to be a mother.

Cute work story: one of my little Kindergartener's is obsessed with dinosaurs. He always comes up to me and tells me that there is a baby dinosaur in my tummy. It is so cute! His family is so sweet and they got our little baby the cutest dinosaur pajamas so that we could always remember their family when she wears them. I seriously work with the most amazing families ever!

Anyway, I'm a little delayed, but here are some of the fun things we've done throughout the last 9ish months.

1. Christmas in Colorado. It was so wonderful! I love visiting my family and spending time with everyone. Every Christmas Eve my family has a tradition where someone dresses up as Santa Clause and gives all the kids a Christmas gift. This year Spencer was the honorary Santa. He was so cute!


2. This has been more like a continuous adventure, but I have made some of the best friend's I've ever had at my job this last year. I am lucky to work closely with 5 other women on our Kindergarten team. I have 3 paras in my class, Kris, Sierra, and Katie, plus Ms. Kaylee, and Channing in the other kindergarten class. I seriously love them so much and have learned so much from all of them. I will miss working with all of our little kindergartener's but I will really really miss spending time with all of them every day. I really believe that God places people in your life and certain times for certain reasons and these amazing ladies have truly been heaven sent to me.




3. Spencer and I got to spend some fun time in San Diego during his Spring break, which also coincided with my 26th birthday! It was so perfect and we had a blast! We stayed near Balboa park and had a fun time exploring. While we were there we also visited the San Diego Zoo (which was AMAZING!), the USS Midway museum (which was especially cool because my Grandpa was a pilot for the Marines and we got to see the type of ship he would have lived on and the planes he would have flown), Old Town and the Mormon Battalion Visitors Center (which was accidental, but we ended up parking right next to it. We did a tour with a group of frat boys which made for a pretty entertaining experience), La Jolla, Mission Beach, and Sunset Cliffs. We had so much fun and the weather was perfect. We also ate a ton of delicious food. Our favorite things were Hash House a Go Go, which had the biggest plates of breakfast food I've ever seen in my life. The name is fitting because we definitely had a lot of food to "go-go" bahahaha I crack myself with my puns! For any parks and recs fans, it was Ron Swanson's and Lesley Knope's dream restaurant. We also ate at this restaurant called the Blind Burro. The food was good, but too pricey, except for the amazing churros. They were seriously the most amazing churros I've ever eaten.
We really had an amazing trip and it was so fun to spend some time together exploring and enjoying the beach.


We looked for Seashells and put our toes in the Ocean at Mission Beach




Sunset Cliffs

Hash House a Go Go Biscuits and Gravy 

Hash House a Go Go French Toast

4. Turkey hunting season has started again and so Spencer has been getting out to the mountains as much as he can before this baby comes. He loves hunting so much! He has also been working so hard at school and will be finishing his bachelors degree in December. He is studying healthcare administration and has been interning with Utah Valley Regional Medical Center this last semester and has been invited to continue working with them through the Summer. He will be applying for Grad schools this coming fall and we are excited to see where life will take us in the next year or so!

Spencer and I really have been so blessed and we are so grateful for how much Heavenly Father has blessed us. We have each other and our sweet baby girl will be here soon. We have amazing families. We have good friends. We have jobs and a nice place to live. We really are so incredibly blessed and we recognize where all of our blessings come from. We can't wait to see what these next months of our lives will bring with our new addition!

No comments:

Post a Comment