Cute

Cute

Monday, August 22, 2016

Summer adventures and back to school! #Kindergartenerteacherstatus #whaaaaaaaaaa?!?!

This Summer has flown by way too fast! Spencer and I have optimized on our Summer vacation and have gone on lots of fun adventures! Here is a list of some of the fun things we got to do this Summer!

1. Drives through the mountains. It's so nice living so close to them! This was the view from Squaw Peak, just a mere 15 minutes from our house.


2. Yellowstone and lots of camping!! We've been so lucky to get out so much this Summer. We had some extra motivation because Spencer drew out an elk tag for the hunt this fall for a BIG elk. He is so excited and so we have gone up to his hunting area a few times and camped, explored the wilderness on the four wheeler, and seen lots of animals! I'm not a hunter myself, but I'm supportive of Spencer's hobbies. But I do love to go see the animals so it's fun to go with him. 
We also got to go spend a few days up in Yellowstone National Park. On our way to Yellowstone, we spent one night in Rexburg with some friends from our mission. The rest of our trip we camped in the park and had a blast! We did a lot of hiking and exploring. We even had some visitors visit our campground. A buffalo walked right by our tent! It really startled me! Also Yellowstone is the Disneyland of nature. There were SOOO MANY PEOPLE!


Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler. Yummmm!




3. The long anticipated air show. If you know Spencer at all you know he loves airplanes! He has been waiting for almost 4 years to go to an air show again. And his dreams came true! We went to the airshow with Spencer's cousin Dalhn and we had a blast! We were able to watch the Thunderbirds fly plus so many other incredibly talented pilots! 




4. We did so much!!! We road bikes a lot, we went to Zion National Park again, we planted a garden, Spencer built me a coffee table, I made a quick visit to Colorado to see my family, and I got hired as a Kindergarten teacher! Whhaaaaaa?!? 

It's true. I am a Kindergarten teacher. I still am disbelieving! I got hired to be a Kindergarten teacher at Spectrum Academy in Pleasant Grove, UT. It is a school specifically for kids diagnosed with Autism. I have been working as a registered behavior technician for the last year and a half also working with kids with autism and I absolutely love it. I am so excited to start this new journey and I'm so excited for all the things I am going to learn. I started training August 8th and school starts for my kindergarteners on August 29th. So I have a lot to learn really fast! I'm nervous, but also excited! I have met most of the kids that will be in my class and their parents. I already feel so much love for these awesome kids. It's all still new but Spectrum Academy is such a special place. I really love working with such amazing kids and I feel so privileged to work at a school especially to help them succeed.  

Spencer and I are both looking forward to starting another school year together! He started classes again today at UVU and is facing a tough semester, but he will rock it (as he always does!).

It's sad to see Summer coming to an end, but it has definitely been a great one!






No comments:

Post a Comment